COMMITTED TO STUDENT SUCCESS, PROVIDING A PATHWAY TO CAREERS AND BEYOND
- FIU is a top 50 public research university.
- FIU is ranked #2 in social mobility in the state of Florida.
- FIU is a top 50 innovative public university by U.S. News & World Report – recognized for innovative improvements relating to curriculum, faculty, students, campus life, technology, or facilities.
Miami’s first and only public research university and an anchor in the community, FIU is a driver of economic prosperity and pathway for hundreds of thousands of students who aspire to a better life.
Access to excellence is our greatest responsibility – and at FIU, every scholarship dollar is transformational. More than 2/3 of FIU students receive financial aid, and our students rely on scholarship support not only to begin their studies but also to complete them.
Your investment in student success initiatives through the Next Horizon campaign will strengthen our efforts. Together, we will develop and implement solutions and strategies to help our students get to where they want to be.
- The Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU) selected FIU to join a small group of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation-funded "Frontier Set" universities — those committed to significantly increasing student access and success, and eliminating racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic disparities in college attainment.
- #1 in the U.S. for awarding bachelor’s and master’s degrees to Hispanic students and a national leader in granting STEM degrees to minorities.
Invest in the Next
The Next Horizon campaign is your opportunity to have a direct impact on FIU’s future. There are countless opportunities to invest in meaningful initiatives that match your interests.
FIU recognized for supporting students in the military and veterans; read more.
Students awarded selective Millennium Fellowships by United Nations initiative; read more.