WE ARE PERSONALIZING THE EXPERIENCE – WITH EQUAL PARTS HIGH TECH AND HIGH TOUCH
FIU is a top 50 public university.
FIU is a top 50 innovative public university by U.S. News & World Report – recognized for innovative improvements relating to curriculum, faculty, students, campus life, technology, or facilities.
At FIU, we are transforming teaching practices in gateway courses and the way entire disciplines are taught. We are stimulating faculty innovation in teaching, engaging students as teaching consultants, and optimizing learning with technology. We practice evidence-based, learning-centered, and culturally responsive teaching that is tailored to the next generation of changemakers.
Since opening its doors less than 50 years ago, our development has been fueled by building world-class programs, cutting-edge research, innovation, and future-forward learning that has made it a leading public research institution.
The more than 12,000 dedicated students who earn an FIU degree every year have a tremendous breadth of possibilities to choose from: more than 200 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in 11 colleges and schools, including Medicine and Law.
- FIU is ranked top U.S. institution in awarding bachelor’s degree to Hispanic students, according to Excelencia in Education.
- FIU is developing the next generation of virtual learning through the creation of the Institute for Immersive, Interactive Learning.
- FIU Law graduates earned a 95.7% first-time bar passage rate on the July 2019 Florida Bar exam, the highest of any of Florida’s 11 law schools.
- The Fall 2019 incoming freshman class is the best in FIU history, with an average GPA of 4.2 and average SAT score of 1287.
- FIU is one of only 45 colleges and universities globally that are part of the Ashoka U Changemaker Campus consortium – the leading designation for social innovation in higher education.